Chunky tomato, celery, and bean soup
• 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1
tablespoon extra to drizzle
• 1 large onion, finely chopped
• 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 2 x 400 g cans cannellini beans,
• 2 cups (500 ml) chicken stock or
• 5 tomatoes (750 g total),
• 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf
• 4 wholegrain bread rolls, to
• Heat oil in a large pan over
• Add onion, celery, rosemary and
garlic and stir for 5 minutes until
• Add beans, stock and tomatoes.
• Season with salt and pepper,
bring to the boil over high heat,
then reduce heat to low, cover
and gently simmer for 15
minutes or until thickened.
• Stir in parsley, then spoon soup
• Drizzle with extra oil and serve
with bread rolls.